Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"Future News" becomes "Future News Today"

I just changed the official name of the blog to "Future News Today".

Reasons

  • The main reason was I just thought this was more catchy than just Future News.
  • Provides my blog with a TLA (three letter acronym) FNT
  • FNT now can join the company of other news source TLAs like NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN.
  • Prestigious print sources also have TLAs like NYT, WSJ.
  • I googled FNT to see other uses. My favorite is Fascinating New Thing by the Semisonics - see video and lyrics. I like it, it's kind of 60's pyschedelia retro.
  • FNT is also the file extension for font. That's cool since it bears a relationship to a blog which consists of words.
  • My url was already futurenewstoday.blogspot.com, so that ties the url in with the blog title.
From F.N.T. lyrics by Semisonics
Fascinating new thing
You delight me
And I know you're speaking of me

Fascinating new thing
Your scene-makin'
Want a temporary savior

I'm surprised that you've never been told before
That you're priceless yeah, you're holy
Even when you are not new.

So I'm going to update the copyrights and trademarks posting to add "Future News Today" and FNT.

Frank Hope - June 4, 2008

No comments: